How a Home Loan Professional can benefit you
Many people head straight to their bank when it comes time to apply for a home loan, but finance experts warn, you may be missing out on significant benefits if you do.
There are countless reasons why it pays to use a home loan professional when shopping for your home loan, and even if you want to use your own bank, you can still use a home loan professional to process paperwork and manage the application on your behalf.
There are five arguments as to why every borrower should seek out a qualified home loan professional when trying to obtain property finance:
- Choice - The biggest advantage of a home loan professional over a bank is choice. When you sit in front of a home loan professional, you are sitting in front of 20+ banks and 600+ products versus visiting a banker who has access to only one bank’s products. This is especially important at time like now, when the banks are saying ‘no’ more, and by having more choices you’re likely to get a ‘yes’.
- Experience - Ask your lending manager how long they’ve been helping people with home loans. Home loan professionals often own their own businesses and are committed to their clients in the long term, with many years of industry experience. Banks are big companies; they move their staff around and reward good performers with promotions away from their customers.
- Specialisation - If you’re looking for specialised assistance with your loan, it pays to talk to a home loan professional. For example, if you’re starting to invest in property, look for a home loan professional who specialises in property investments. Bank staff often don’t have the training or experience in one specific area, but service whoever happens to walk into the branch.
- Follow Up - Following up the progress of your loan application is time consuming and frustrating. A good home loan professional will have a system for chasing you up, keeping you informed and saving you time.
- Personal Banker - Your home loan professional is ‘like the perfect personal banker’. They know what needs to be done, they make sure it happens and because it’s their own business, they’re in for the long haul. Bank staff change often so even when you find a good personal banker they change jobs before you know it.